Director of Adult Social Care, Wirral Council
The NW ADASS Safeguarding Network is led by Graham Hodkinson, Director of Adult Social Care at Wirral. The purpose of the group is to link into the national network to ensure that national best practice is supported, contributed to, developed and disseminated across the North West region.
Safeguarding Adults Boards – Suite of Resources
A suite of resources, intended to support Safeguarding Adults Boards (SABs) and partners in developing and promoting Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP) is now available on the LGA website.
The resources offer support to Boards both in their assurance role and in actively supporting and leading a culture change towards the of embedding of MSP within practice. They describe what ‘good’ might look like in MSP for a range of organisations and promote ownership of this agenda within and across all organisations. The full suite of documents comprises of:
- support for Boards across the Safeguarding Adults Partnership
- what might ‘good’ look like for health and social care commissioners and providers?
- what might ‘good’ look like for the police?
- what might ‘good’ look like for advocacy?
- what might ‘good’ look like for those working in the Housing Sector?
- A resource for SABs to support increased involvement of people who may be in need of safeguarding support
The first five of these resources follow a common structure, enabling interested parties to look at a level of detail that is appropriate for them. Each includes:
- an introduction and a summary offering core information on essential steps for developing MSP
- for sector specific resources, a further short section sets out the context for MSP for that sector, including reference to relevant excerpts of the statutory guidance, as well as highlighting links from MSP to the sector’s own guidance; regulatory framework; responsibilities etc
- more detailed advice and examples on developing the essential steps for MSP, along with appendices which offer further support for those with responsibilities to engage with the detail in taking forward aspects of the resources in strategy and practice.
This report presents the presentations from our conference and a collection of guidance, good practice and case studies.
File name: NW-ADASS-Safeguarding-Conference-Report.pdf
File size: 378 KB
Lancashire based research on SAR methodology Paul Kingston (Wigan Chair) and Jane Booth (Lancashire & Rochdale Chair)
File name: SAR-Conference-Jane-Booth-April-2018.pdf
File size: 560 KB
Overview of the Dept. of Health commission of a SARs library and resources, Dr Sheila Fish, Head of Learning Together / Senior Research Analyst, SCIE & Dr Lindsey Pike, RiPfA Associate
File name: SF-Lindsey-Pike-NW-conf-main-presentation-final_-TS.pdf
File size: 550 KB
Additional questions you would like included on a form/template for a SAR referral.
File name: Shirley-Ideas-to-improve-SAR-Referral-Template.pdf
File size: 56 KB
Highlights of the data feedback
File name: Shirley-SAR-event-18.04.18-slides-for-data-session.pdf
File size: 82 KB
Safeguarding Adult Reviews Conference : 18th April 2018
File name: Welcome-and-Scene-Setting.pdf
File size: 438 KB